Monday 4 February 2013

Let's Learn Korean - Particle 보다, 만큼, 마다, 마저, 조차 and 까지 -

 

1. Particle 보다




나에겐 누구보다 아름다워..


This particle is used for making comparison sentence. So, the words that be paired of will have meaning 'more than' or 'better than' etc.

Example:  -  제가 록보다 팝을 좋아요  =  I like rock than pop
                  -  학교까지 린다의 집에서 저보다 덜 멀어요 =  The distance between my house to school is farther than Linda's
                


2. Particle 만큼





견딜 수 없을만큼 힘든 하루였나요?..


This particle means 'as much' or 'reach'.

Example:  -  이 영화가 그 영화만큼 재미있어요  =  This movie is as fascinating as that movie
                  -  우리 언니만큼 예뻐요  =  I'm as pretty as my sister
                  -  기대만큼 점수가 나왔어요  =  The result of the score is the same as my expectation


So the difference between these 2 particles are 보다 shows comparison with different degree, but 만큼 shows comparison with the same degree.


3. Particle 마다

 

 

This particle means 'each' or 'every'.

Example:  -  누나와 나 달마다 만나요  =  My sister and I meet every month
                  -  교사님마다 방이 있어요  =  Each of teacher have room


4. Particle 마저 and 조차





이름조차 알기 전에 반해버린...



그 모습마저 그리워지는...


This particle means 'even'. 

Example:  -  엄마마저 그 것을 아직도 믿지 못 해요  =  Even mum still can't believe it
                  -  그 사람은 알파벳조차 읽지 못 해요  =  That person can't even read the alphabet




5. Particle 까지

 


턱 밑까지 치밀어 이미 멈출 수 없던...




아침에 눈뜨고 잠들 때까지...


This particle means 'toward', 'till', 'reach' or 'as far' and means 'even' when it's used for nouns non place and non time.

Example:  -  집까지 너무 멀어요  =  It's so far to reach the house
                  -  아침 5시까지 못 잤어요  =  I can't sleep till 5 am
                  -  데니의 여친까지 만났어요  =  I even met Deni's girlfriend

although 마저 and 조차 have the same meaning with 까지, but 마저 and 조차 show bad meaning of a sentence or something that's not expected to happen. So, 데니의 여친마저 만났어요 means Danny doesn't want me to meet his girlfriend, but i still do that, while  데니의 여친까지 만났어요 means Danny wants me to meet his girlfriend.






화이팅!! ^^




No comments: